Friday, August 31, 2007

Anything BUT A Card Project #4--the surprise!

Hey there! Hallelujah it's Friday! Double praise to God that it's a 3-day weekend, because I sure do need one! My parents are on their way home, and there are no more visitors expected for a month.

Speaking of them, here's a picture I took on Tuesday when we went to Amicalola Falls. They love to wear the same color, and sometimes they do it without planning it. It has become a family joke over the years, and when my sister commented on their attire that day, my mom quipped, "I wondered if you were going to notice!" I am so blessed to have parents who love each other deeply, and continue to walk faithfully with each other through all that life presents them. They paid for the groceries we ate while everyone was here, among other things, and my mom did some little cleaning projects that made my her and my house happy. Living 12 hours away from them has made me appreciate the times we share more. I just hope I was able to communicate that while they were here...

OK, onto today's project. Well, there isn't going to be a picture, because I haven't decided yet! How's that for a surprise! Whenever I cook up the projects or cards for an event like this, I get a bad case of insecurity. I want everyone to like what I choose, and I want everyone to feel that there's fair value for the cost in what I'm presenting. Perhaps that's just my Midwestern heritage coming to bear, but I can't help it. Money is a commodity that is a means to an end, but it's almost always hard-earned, and I don't want to take advantage of that...ever.

So, I have an idea in mind and you'll have to wait to see what it is until you come. Part of the reason why I don't have a picture to post is because I don't have the tool I need to make the sample! I'm ordering said tool this weekend, so you'll get to try out a new tool if you come Sat., Sept. 15. If I get a sample made far enough in advance of it to provide some eye candy, then I'll post it. I just trust you'll trust me that it'll be worth the money you'll spend.

I will leave you with one card today--a quickie topper card. Yesterday afternoon, my mom wandered into my craft room and asked if I had any birthday cards she could buy. (Yeah, like I'd charge her after all she'd done for me all week!) I showed her my stash of cards, none of which were specifically birthday greetings, but any of which could easily be adapted quickly. Well, mom found an image and sentiment that I'd stamped while at my friend Diliana's house. It's a retired SU! set and it's great--don't know why I never bought it! Anyway, she wanted that made into a card, so here's what I came up with in about 15 min. last night.

The dress forms are colored with real red, and the center one is glitterfied. A little silver embossing powder on the stands, and it was done! I love black, white, and red together. I hope mom's friend enjoys the card. I hope mom doesn't put it in a safe place and forget to send it!

Happy weekend, all! Rest, relax, and reflect on all your blessings...

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OKAY LOOK - I'M GONNA NEED TO SEE THE SAMPLE JENN!!! >:-o

=)

Really digging the dress form card. My opinion - that color combo is THE classic for any occasion. I absolutely love it and those are pretty much the colors I wear too. Slimming, you know. ;)
I hope you have a great and relaxing weekend. Your parents look sweet.