Friday, August 24, 2007

You Just Never Know What a Day Can Hold

You know how I wrote this morning that I woke up on the proverbial "wrong side of the bed" and that I was grouchy and tired? Well, I'm singing a much different tune now!
You probably already know what I'm going to share by what you see here, but let me just tell you (imagine me shouting loudly because I'm so excited): I GOT A JOB AT STARBUCKS!!!

This afternoon a phone number I didn't recognize appeared on my cell phone display. I answered, because I also do some freelance work and thought it might be someone calling about something I'd submitted. Instead it was Clay, the manager I'd interviewed with earlier this month, calling. He shared that the gal who had been working the slot that matched my availability (basically "mom hours"--9:30-3:30) had just informed him that she is moving out of state. He called me right away and extended me an offer! I was shocked and pleased, to say the least. My first day will be Sept. 4, the day after Labor Day. I'm ecstatic that I can start work now and not in November, when the other store is scheduled to open.

I keep having to pinch myself to believe it's real! With my family being in town next week, time is going to fly and it'll be time for me to start. My husband's concerned that this may impact my card making and blogging, but I'm going to find a way to make it all work. Thanks for being such cheerleaders. Now to find some collared white and black shirts!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Woo Hoo! I'm doing the happy dance for you! Congrats!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Woo hoo! That's awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulation and he didn't see your card yet!!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Congratulations, Jenn!!!! So very happy for you!!!!