Monday, August 27, 2007

The Birth of a Teenager

This was the happy day 13 years ago, when our only child, Michael William, entered our lives. 13 hours of labor, 15 min. of pushing. No wonder I look so happy! How young we look. I was 28 and Bob was 30. Yikes...how time flies...

This is Michael and I this evening, after he'd just opened his presents. (Proud Papa is behind the camera.) How can it possibly be that that sweet baby is this same boy? When he was little, there were days when I wished he'd grow up a little faster so that my job would be easier. I stopped wishing that long ago, and now I wish that time would slow down so that I could hold onto him longer.

I know the teen years can be rough, but we're only going to have this experience once. I hope we have many more moments like today.

3 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What sweet, sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing such warm memories!

Nancy Riley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHAEL!!! It's hard to see them grow up so fast, isn't it MOM?!

Lydia Fiedler said...

aww.. this made me cry!!! How sweet!! These are great pics and your hubby and son are DOLLS!!