Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Anything BUT A Card Project #1

I hope you're as excited as I am about the projects I have for the upcoming Anything BUT A Card class that I'm hosting at my house Saturday, Sept. 15 from 10a-1p!

This is the first project, one I think you'll find as practical as it is beautiful. It's a corkboard message center. It's made with thin cardboard and a corkboard square and decorated with designer paper. It will come with pushpins that we'll alter to coordinate with the background paper. It has strong magnets mounted on the back, so it will stay on your refrigerator securely.

Stay tuned for other projects in coming posts. I''ve come up with 2 versions of one project, and I'll need your opinion on which one you'd like to have.

In the midst of all I was busy with yesterday--trip downtown to the GA Aquarium, lunch at Centennial Olympic Park, making the special birthday dinner for Michael and the family--I noticed that someone brought the mail in. Expecting cards for Michael among the junk mail, I found something addressed to me! I was so tickled when I opened the envelope and found this!
It was made by Amy, another GA stamper who I know only from her blog, Gone Inkognito. Is this not the CUTEST!!! I was amazed at how close to the real thing it appeared to be, and it made me feel so special. Thanks, Amy! I love it!

Off to figure out if we're going to make lunches. We're going on a hike to see a waterfall today at Amicalola Falls. Later!

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Jenn, So glad you decided to add the pushpins to your ADORABLE corkboard! Cute RAK too!