Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The day is getting away...

but I want to share another card that came together over the weekend.
When I first began this card, it was going to be a completely circular card, but I started with this layout and played. At first, I didn't really care for the look. The flowers didn't seem to do much and the doodles behind weren't jazzing me either. But I persisted. Sometimes you have to do that when you're experimenting, and I'm not really good at this. I traced the outline of the flowers with my watercolor pencils and used my blender pen to soften the lines and used my aquapainter with Wild Wasabi ink around them. Still not enough punch. So I left it on the table for several days. Saturday I went back and colored in the flowers and aquapainted the doodles in the same WW ink. I was beginning to warm to it more! Add some Certainly Celery Prints designer paper to stiffen everything up, and voila! Here's what the inside looks like.
I envision this as a notecard to a friend who enjoys gardening. No great purpose for the card, other than to communicate through it the daily things of life. If you have any suggestions as to how you would make this card better, please share! I'm always open to new ideas...

No comments: