Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's the Little Things that Matter

Before I get on with today's post, just let me share how touched I was by all the support you gave with your comments on the card I made for the Starbuck's manager! Thanks for the encouragement. The card is sitting in the mailbox, waiting for pickup. I'll probably never hear anything from him about it, but that's not the point, is it.
Okay, here's today's card:

I can't get enough of these little 3x3 cards, and I have the new Dashing designer paper that will be great for Christmas projects like these! This one uses the Season of Joy set, which has this poinsettia image, a word block of Christmas phrases, a Christmas tree, a tiny flowery-star, a snowflake, and Merry Christmas. One set that will make full-sized cards as well as gift cards--it's a good thing!

The little ribbon loop addition came about almost as an afterthought. I have a few little pieces of it left, so I thought I'd try to incorporate it. Problem? The gingham is white and red, and the dp is red, river rock and very vanilla. So, I tried something: I ran the ribbon across my river rock ink pad, and it became a color-coordinated accessory! Love it when things are that easy.

This paper and set becomes available Sept. 1, which is right around the corner! Don't forget that I have a Christmas Card Expo coming up Sept. 9 and 10, and I'll help you design a special card...using Dashing paper and this set, if you'd like!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just darling! I love it!