Saturday, August 16, 2008

Butterfly Squared

This is the card I made for the girls to make at today's open house. I found the design on SplitCoastStampers by Jackie Wright, and I really liked the simplicity of the layout and the 4.25" x4.25" size.

Do you like those little flowers in the grass? They're part of the Flight of the Butterfly set, and I think they add such whimsy! The scallop edge punch was used on the Kiwi Kiss strip across the bottom (which picks up the color used to stamp the grass), and the InColor combination of Tangerine Tango and Riding Hood Red created the butterfly. It may be hard to see in the photo, but I stamped one of the sentiments--hope your day is as happy as happy gets!--in Baja Breeze. I tried Pacific Point, but it was just too overwhelming.

Hope you're having a marvelous weekend! The weather here is ideal--sunny, low humidity, mid-80s. Compared to the past two years when it was 100 daily during the first week of school, this is bliss.

4 comments:

sandra said...

this card remind me of spring..it is gracious, simple and beautiful

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Jenn, this is just beautiful! I love the way you've used these stamps together...fabulous scene and a gorgeous card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is absolutely adorable, Jenn!

Sankari W. said...

what a great card - those colors and that set is Fantastic! And now I feel like I MUST have that scallop edge punch! Beautiful card Jen!!