Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Celebrating

As I shared earlier today, my anniversary was yesterday. Tonight we went out to dinner as a family, since our son's birthday is tomorrow. The restaurant choice was mine--Rice, a sushi bar with traditional Asian food as well.

We started off with an appetizer plate, and Michael enjoyed the chicken satay--thus the menacing spear--but he really enjoyed the crab rangoon most. I was proud of him for trying something new! Bob tried a smoked salmon sushi and liked it.

Then we moved on to the main course. The guys had traditional entrees, but I knew I wanted sushi, so I took the recommendation of our waiter and had the house's featured roll, aptly named the Yummy Roll. Raw salmon and tuna with a bit of cream cheese and blanched pencil-thin asparagus, wrapped the traditional way, then lightly battered with a tempura and quickly fried. It was soooooo good! I think what I like best about sushi is the texture. It just has great mouth feel, as well as tasting marvelous!

After dinner we went to the Verizon store and upgraded my phone and Michael's. We both chose the LG Voyager. Michael has been using my old phone for the past 2 years, and he wanted one that had a texting keyboard. He was very surprised and pleased with his present.

Tomorrow my boy will be 14. I can hardly believe it! Only 4 more years with him and then he'll be off to college. I've been told not to blink.

3 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Ooohhhhh - it all looks so wonderful!Bob looks so sweet!!

I LOVE crab rangoons!!

kat said...

Aaaahhhh! What a sweet family; I'm jealous [but mostly cuz of your dinner!]......

sandra said...

happy anniversry!!!