Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eastern Blooms Gift Bag

Imagine finding THIS on your front porch! Wouldn't you feel special? This is another of the projects we were given to make at convention using new products. I didn't want another project featuring Inspired by Nature, however, so I decided to let my own creative juices flow with Eastern Blooms.

The main stamp in this set is this flowering branch, and I thought it paired very nicely with the strip of newly patterned Pattern Prints Designer Paper which comes in over 10 colors. Sort of has an Asian feel, doesn't it? That's what I felt, so I used the branch, my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, and Whisper White Craft Ink and set about creating this pattern on Tangerine Tango. You saw it used earlier this week as an ink; here is the card stock in bold review! The only other tool I needed was a heat gun to set the craft ink so that it wouldn't smear. The rest was just relaxing play, figuring out how I wanted the branches to flow across the paper.


The ribbon is SU!'s new 7/8" So Saffron poly twill. It's beautiful to work with! I just used Sticky Strip at two points on the back of the TT card stock to attach a long piece across the DP, then created the bow. This is a bow that anyone can "tie" because there's no tying! I'll show you how at the open house or our first SAS.

Gotta go make the coffee! Happy Saturday--do some stamping!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gift bag is beautiful. Thank you for encouraging us to go stamp today.

sandra said...

no stamping to day, but we went to Six Flags and had a blast at SKULL ISLAND!!!
I love the bow, especially since it does not have to be tied

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wow - this is gorgeous - your white stamping is so crisp it looks like a rubon! Very well done!

Did you go around like the stampin' up fairy leaving these bags with catalogs in them on some lucky girls' porches?