Friday, August 8, 2008

Flight of the Butterfly

This is going to be a quickie today, as I need to get on the way to Starbucks. I couldn't leave you without posting, as I have 2 cards to share from more crafting I did yesterday afternoon!

At convention, we were given a packet with supplies to make 6 or 8 projects, and I didn't get them all finished before coming home. Using the handy dandy full-color instruction sheets, though, I was able to complete several yesterday. I did experiment, though, with the supplies that were given me to create an 8" x 8" scrapbook page. I wanted to make cards instead with those items, so I began to play!

The first card utilized the felt flower and coordinating button that are new this fall! They're in Baja Breeze, one of the InColors, and they're a fun addition of texture and dimension. I just attached them to each other with glue dots, then to the paper using the same. Speaking of BB, the card stock you see behind the scalloped edge on the right is textured, and it's beautiful in real life! The other colors complementing each other for this card are Rose Red, Old Olive, and More Mustard. This was also my first experience using smaller chipboard letters, and I like the dimension these provide as well. They come "naked" in a dull cardboard color, and these were sponged with Whisper White craft ink with a dauber, then accented with 1/4" rose red grosgrain ribbon and adhered with glue dots. The butterflies you see in the back were stamped with Versamark watermark ink for the base, and with RR for the flowers on top. If that doesn't make a lot of sense, keep reading!

The second card really plays up the Flight of the Butterfly set, which features a solid image butterfly, which you see on the first card, and three patterned 'flies, flowers, dots, and a dotted outline, as you see on this card. I think they're cute, especially since they come with several sayings that twirl around, like the one featured on this card--"if nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies." Aaawww...

Well, I need to get on my way to make the coffee! I hope you're enjoying seeing some new stamps! Come to the open house this Saturday in Roswell or next Saturday in Cumming and see the whole glorious mess of goodies in the new Fall-Winter 2008 Catalog!

1 comment:

sandra said...

very cute and I love the colors.