Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun and Fast Birthday with InColors

When a girl gets on a roll, watch out! I want more new stamps to play with, but, alas, they have not arrived yet. So, I thought I'd pull out some of the InColors and work with another combination. This one is Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red.

It all started when I saw this layout at Taylor VanBruggen's blog. How cute is that?!? So I had my color palette, I had my layout, but what stamps to use? I decided to pull out Fun & Fast Notes, since it is the one in the $99 Demonstrator Starter Kit deal going on now through Oct. 11. You read right--for just $99, you can become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and enjoy all the benefits of owning your own business AND saving 20% on everything you order from SU! **This has been a commercial for the $99 Demonstrator Starter Kit. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog entry.**

Now where was I? Oh yeah. Explaining this cool card. I was crafting away, adding detail to the PP base with another stamp from the set and coloring the images in the center panel, when I saw something in my peripheral vision. It was laying there so innocently, but I knew it was tempting me to put it to use in this design. So, if one's good, two would be better, right? Or at least more balanced. So I made a cohort in bouncy fun for my innocent one on the craft table and stuck them underneath the Whisper White portion of the center panel. And I used to think I was going all out when I popped something up on a dimensional!

It's hard to photograph this bouncy card now, but I hope you can envision it. One more little tip from this card, and then I'll be on my merry way to have Publix ham salad on Vinta multi-grain crackers. (Springy things put me in such a happy place mentally!) If you'll look closely at the first picture of the card, you'll see the shadow I created for the cake BEFORE I realized I was going to be taking it to new heights. Here's how I accomplished it. I stamped the cake image in BB slightly left of center. I colored it with a blender pen and BB ink, but only on the left side, thereby creating the look of a shadow for the cake.

If you're interested in the $99 Demonstrator Starter Kit deal, leave me a comment and I'll tell you MORE! Yes, there's MORE...are you curious?

3 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

I love these so much!! I haven't had a chance to do one yet so thank you for the reminder!!!

:)

Your cards are WONDERFUL.

Now I'm extremely curious about what ham salad is!

sandra said...

very cool card!!

Sankari W. said...

i love your card - those colors are so much fun! and those boing boing things that make the card pop out - ROCK!