Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not Quite Ready to Let Go...

of the InColors from 2007-2008, and I don't have any new Designer Series Paper from the new Fall-Winter 2008 Catalog, so I decided to pull out one of my favorite combinations from this past year and try it with a new set of stamps, Eastern Blooms.

This set is another of the gifts from convention, and it's much more my style. The card layout was inspired by Amy Westerman, who took the joy fold layout and turned it on its head. Genius!

It's pretty straightforward really, but I wanted you to see the different elements at work. The three flowers on either side of the front panel are actually one stamp. This really helps with alignment. The center flower is the largest flower from the set, and the detail just makes me think of Hawaii every time I look at it. I'm going back to Maui someday, I swear!

The branch, which I used to make a background paper with, is also part of the set. I used it on this project in Whisper White Craft ink, but this time you can see what it looks like when it's in full color. The interior message is from a retired set, but I thought it fit with the flower theme well, and it communicated what I wanted for the recipient.

I was happy that I had success with the scallop edge punch this go around. I used the 1/8" hole in the Crop-a-dile, set to a depth of 1/2" and eyeballed the center of each scallop in order to create the design you see on the Chocolate Chip card stock. There are 2 pieces of retired Afternoon Tea DP peeking out as well.

Here are a few other pictures that I thought you might want to see. The first is of the curtains in the master bedroom. They add such a nice finishing touch, even if they don't serve to darken the room much. We decided that we could do without the venetian blinds, and it's so much cleaner looking.

I also received a package yesterday from the demonstrator who recruited me, Laura Barto. We had a hard time connecting during convention; 5700 women can do that, even when they're not trying! She had this for me while we were there, but couldn't get it to me, so she sent it. The notebook features the new Bella Rose Designer Series Paper, and a commemorative stamp that has SU!'s Statement of the Heart: to love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments...in this we make a difference!

She also included this beautiful card using Enjoy Every Moment. The flowers that embellish the "o" are from the 3-flower punch, and the flowers across the top of the Kraft card stock were wheeled on using the jumbo wheel Daisy Dash. If you like this look, you can purchase everything necessary to recreate it, because it's all in the new catalog.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'd love to get your feedback on what you're seeing here...don't be a lurker. Then we can't be blog friends!

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

WOW girl - you're on a roll !!! I love these!!! Each oneis a little treasure!!

And PS - I unsubscribed via email, I am now a Google Reader Convert! So I'm still here!!

Anonymous said...

pretty creations!

arlene,
Gig Harbor florist