Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Peach of a Card

My brain started mulling over a color combination as I peeled and sliced some famous southern grown peaches last night. Hmmmmmm....what would this translate to in SU! colors? I came up with Rose Red, Groovy Guava, and Apricot Appeal.

Today my first order from the new Fall-Winter Catalog arrived--JOY OF JOYS!! As I happily sorted out what was mine from the box, I snatched up my new sets--5 in all--and sat down to assemble them. Some of the new sets are die cut, which means NO CUTTING before assembling. Just pop them out of the rubber, peel off the sticker, and adhere them to the wood block. What used to take at least 20 min. now takes about 10. It's such a beautiful thing.

Pocket Silhouettes was the one I was dying to work with, so that was assembled right away. It seemed natural--no pun intended, truly!--that these plant images would look great in vases, but there is no vase image that comes in the set. Michelle Zindorf and Lydia to the rescue!

Lydia learned this quick little way to make vases for any floral images you have from stamping genius Michelle Zindorf. It necessitates the use of an oval punch. Alas, I do not own said punch. HOWEVER, I do own an oval Coluzzle system, and the second sized one was perfect! I sliced off the top third, and a vase appeared. I created a shadow on the right side by sponging on some AA ink.

The rest is pretty straightforward. I think it might be cool to do the images in copper metallic next time, as I think this would be an excellent complement to the other colors. I'm also not sure whether or not this is going to be a SAS card. We'll see how creative I am tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

sandra said...

those peaches look gorgeous!!! I can eat a lot of it, definitely I like them better than Mac and Cheese.
the card look really cute.

Lydia Fiedler said...

I really want a peach now!!

I love how resourceful you are - those vases are awesome! Great card!