Monday, March 17, 2008

Thinking of Mothers

This is take two for this post, since Blogger can't seem to finalize things today. I made this monochromatic card for my workshop Saturday because my hostess wanted to have this card set aside for the upcoming event.

I really liked the way this came together. The From the Garden stamp is a Level 1 Hostess stamp, and the detail in it is just beautiful! I didn't want anything else to detract from the image, so I kept everything else simple.

Things were rather crazy around here Saturday before that workshop. We had several severe thunderstorms pass through our area, and a friend called me to ask if I was okay after she'd heard a report about a tornado passing near our house. We had hail the size of ping pong balls (not all of it, but some of it), and the street was running red with dirt that was streaming off the hills from all the yards, but no tornado siren ever went off. It unnerved me a bit, but we had a lull in the storms that enabled me to get to the Starbucks where the event was being held before another round passed through. Nuts, I tell you!

Gotta go get dinner started! Have a good Monday, what's left of it.

3 comments:

sandra said...

glad to hear that everything was fine, This card is so simple and at the same time so elegant!!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I'm glad everyone's okay! I think we have your weather today! Tornados, crazy rain, all that!

This card is BEAUTIFUL!! So simple and elegant. And my mom would love that color too, might have to steal it... heh heh.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous and simple. . . just the perfect card!