Thursday, March 13, 2008

Life Happens and so do Birthdays

There are days when I wish for time to stamp. Be careful what you wish for, especially if there's a deadline involved!

The layout for this card was sketched and waiting all day, so pulling it together wasn't all that difficult. One of the things that deterred me from becoming a demonstrator for so long was having to measure and cut pieces and pieces and more pieces of paper. That's what this entire day has been about! Glad that's done and over...

This uses the Outlaw DP that was in the Fall-Winter Collection. They've revamped it with a new color palette and call it Western Sky in the Spring-Summer Collection. This is just 4 simple rectangles and a square in the middle. The saying is from Full of Life, which is in the new Occasions Mini. I think this is a good sentiment for a birthday, since they seem to sneak up on us while we're making other plans and going about life. I'm going to allow each stamper the choice of whether or not to make it into a birthday card by adding the phrase on the inside. If she doesn't choose, I still think it's an interesting "what's up?" card to send. The base is Creamy Caramel and the sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla.

The last card (hurray!) is a birthday card that features the Birthday Whimsy set that can only be earned with a $50 purchase of anything in either the Spring-Summer Collection or the Occasions Mini. The base is Certainly Celery, the background for the main images is Blue Bayou, and the strip along the bottom is Soft Sky. I like that I can stamp short or tall presents just by inking up only half of the stamp. As you could probably tell, I couldn't decide where to put the message, so I placed it in several places to give my stampers some ideas. The Stamp-a-ma-jig came in handy once again as I was placing these. Intrigued by the little flower on the ribbon? It's a ribbon slider and it's part of the new Silver Hodgepodge Hardware set that's in the Occasions Mini. Cool little item.

I'm very pooped (and a bit whiny) and I have paper to cut for this last card, as well as for the workshop I have on Saturday. I really need to plan better next month! Oh, and there's dinner in the mix too...this really wasn't a day off from anything, was it!

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love the colors on both cards. . .my favorite, however is the second one! Love that set!

sandra said...

both very nice. I'm looking for tomorrow night!!!!