Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthday Card

I have 2 events next week, and I wanted to get a head start on getting prepared, so I spent some time yesterday afternoon and today putting together a card that I know everyone needs--one for a MAN!

This one uses the color combination from the Jersey Shore designer paper: More Mustard, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Wild Wasabi. Nothin' girly about those choices! I was drawn to the argyle pattern immediately, although there are also stripes and polka dots and some solids on some sides of this pack.

The card pairs the Mark the Date, Full Calendar, and Lots of Thoughts sets. The first two are in the main catalog, and the third is one of the Sale-A-Bration sets that can be chosen with a $50 merchandise purchase.

This is a simple, straightforward layout, and I hope the guests at my friend's class that we're hosting at a Starbucks with a conference room will find it fun and easy!

Still enjoying the time with my folks, and Michael's doing okay adjusting to his braces. He only got the uppers put on, but didn't allow me to post the picture I took for posterity (and the senior slide show) to be posted here. He's very 13!

Happy weekend, all...

4 comments:

sandra said...

cute card and nice colors

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE it when you use this set! I don't have it, but you always make me wish I did!

Alex said...

Totally love this Jenn - this is so very cute and great for a boy!!! Love it!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Love the way you used this set! Great colours, fun and vibrant!