Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March SAS Card #2--Felt Flowers with a Flap


I saw my good friend Lydia use these felt flowers on a card, and I thought that I should introduce my gals to one of our newest accents and embellishments.

This card is fairly straight forward. The base is Old Olive, and the style of card is called a matchbook flap. Turn it 90 degrees in your mind and you'll get what I mean. It's secured with eyelets, but I may switch and use brads to match those on the flowers. A different way to open a card, I thought.

Anyway, the Very Vanilla base is stamped in River Rock with my Linen background stamp, and then the swirly image from Baroque Motifs is layered over it in Old Olive. It looks like a vine or foliage, doesn't it? All I did then was layer some flowers together, secure them with a brad and popped them up with dimensionals.

The sentiment is from a new set called Full of Life. There are seven really good sayings in this set that cover everything from friendship to congratulations to a new baby. I'm always looking for sayings to complement the stamp sets that don't include one, so this was a must have for me.

Well, I need to make dinner and go to the grocery--ugh. The only thing that makes the latter task palatable is that Bob's going along. More tomorrow!

2 comments:

sandra said...

very very very pretty!!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

That is GORGEOUS!! I especially love the way you colored the greeting.. Beautiful. And I am digging the matchbook.

Don't you love those flowers??