Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

Those of you who live in the northern parts of the US are languishing in the dreary dregs of winter. My sister shared with me today that her husband's siblings, who live in MI along Lake Michigan, still have 2 FEET of snow ON THE GROUND. For all those ready to be rid of winter and the seasonal affective disorder that comes with it, this card's for you!

This creation celebrates the beginnings of spring here in GA. Come with me for a little mental trip to where the trees are budding, the breeze is warm, and sunlight lingers longer each day.

Besides the beauty of this day, this card was inspired by my blogger friend Amy Westerman's card, which spread some sunshine and the promise of spring, even though she's doing time in MN. I also had these thin strips of Wild Wasabi card stock in my scraps folder that I knew would come in handy someday. They were too thick to be blades of grass, but they were just right as flower stems.

The flowers are from the newly retired Sale-A-Bration promotion set, So Many Scallops. I stamped with Versamark on bold brights card stock Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, and Orchid Opulence. The scallop punch makes quick work of cutting each out. The little leaves are from the Time Well Spent Level 3 Hostess set.

I wrestled for a bit with what kind of sentiment to pair with the wording in the center of each flower--"so sweet of you". At first I tried covering it up, but that didn't work, so "thanks SO much" seemed to work best. I have someone I owe a thank you card, so this will be in the mail soon.

Hope your week's off to a pleasant start, no matter the weather. Spring WILL come to your neck of the woods, I promise.

5 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh I LOVE this, Jenn! It is so happy and bright! What a great use of this set. I'm going to have to CASE this!

sandra said...

it is very a very happy and simple card. very good job and I love the bright colors.

Alex said...

This is totallly cute Jenn! It is so springy, happy, and bright - love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wait - shh.. I hear something. Yes indeed, I hear my sweet little Jenn BECOMING A SOUTHERNER!! IT ROCKS, DOESN'T IT??

You have actually made me like this stamp set! I really wasn't super jazzed about it and I LOVE this card. It reminds me of something from my childhood. Can't put my finger on it.

Wonderful though, you little belle!! Next thing I know, you're going to be posting recipe's for Chicken Fried Steak and telling us you're hotter than a pregnant mouse in a wool sock! Yeehaw!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Jenn, these flowers make it LOOK like Spring even with all of that snow! (We still have a gracious plenty of it too.) Beautiful job!