Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oh the Pressure (March SAS Card #3)

I don't know what was effecting my creativity when I went to the craft table this morning to create another card for the SAS tomorrow, but getting to the finish line with this card was like giving birth!

It all started out innocently enough when I saw this ensemble in the Title Nine clothing catalog. I was drawn to the color combination of gray, khaki, and light blue. I wanted to apply this layout by Patty Bennett (who was inspired by Cami Turnbow--what goes around comes around) to my color combo with the newly released Friendly Flowers stamp set. This turned out to be akin to trying to get all the planets and stars to align! It was discouraging me greatly because I really liked each of the elements I was trying to marry.

After about 45 min. of trying to push a round peg into a square hole, I abandoned my color palette and came up with this. Same layout, but a completely different color scheme featuring East Coast designer paper. The base is Whisper White stamped in Tempting Turquoise with two of the flowers from the set. It looks a little bit like some sort of wild island print to me! The focal image is the largest flower from the set. The designer paper's double-sidedness (is that a word?) works well and creates a flap underneath the flower for writing your message inside to your friend.

Okay, time to clean up from that and start thinking of the next one. 3 down, 2 to go.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Very pretty - your hard work definitely paid off!! Gorgeous card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

sandra said...

I agree, it is very pretty