Saturday, October 27, 2007

Good Day and other things...

Real mail was in the mailbox for me today, which makes it a good day! I don't know anyone who doesn't like to get personal mail, and when it's a package, that's doubly great!

My childhood best friend lives in Vietnam with her family. She's the one I was pictured with in my last post. I hope you have someone in your life that you have as much history with as I do with Shelly. We have birthdays 3 weeks apart, and we exchange presents. This bracelet is one she bought this summer while she was in CA. A boy and his family were raising money for him to go with his parents to get his adopted baby brother in Russia. How cool is it to be part of that! I love it, Shel! Thanks so much...

Recently, I received this card from fellow demonstrator Nadine. She and I are former Illinoians, and she made 100 of these cards for her husband to send out to colleagues. She's done with her Christmas cards already, gals!!! Amazing! This card is beautifully sparkly in real life. Great job, Nadine! You inspire me to get on mine!

Something else I designed this week is a bookmark using the Wanted stamp set. I'm taking it to a swap with other demonstrators in a few weeks, and I wanted to do something a little different than just a card front. It's hard to photograph, but the top is a copper metallic scalloped punch circle, then the image secured with an eyelet. The gingham moss ribbon travels down through the book and is anchored by a paisley from the set. I was inspired to make this by something I saw on splitcoaststampers.

Hope your weekend is going well. Gotta run and get ready for dinner...beautiful day today. Picture perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be so happy in years to come that you have kept in contact with a childhood friend. I am way older than you are and still write to a penpal from the 3rd grade when we got Weekly Readers in school and my 2 best friends from school live in other states but when we chat, it's like we've never been apart.
I do enjoy your blog and cards.
Carole