Monday, October 8, 2007

Emboss Resist

This afternoon I spent some more time with SU!'s Autumn Harvest. Darcie was kind enough to leave it behind and I wanted to use it to make a card for Saturday's Stamp-A-Stack. I needed something that would be quick and easy, yet striking, and I really think this fits that description.

If you've never seen the emboss resist technique, it's really much simpler than it looks. Use Versamark ink to stamp your images and then emboss them with clear embossing powder. After that, use a brayer to transfer ink from any ink pad--I used Pumpkin Pie classic ink--to the paper and completely cover the image. The embossed images will resist the ink and contrast the ink. Cool and easy...perfect!

I'm liking my Crop-A-Dile more and more too. I didn't want to do much that would compete with the central image, so I added the strip of Old Olive to the Naturals Ivory base and secured it with shiny brass eyelets. The ribbon position is a nod to Charmaine, over at Oodabug Alley.

Tuesday's the last day to sign up to come to the SAS this Saturday. Don't delay! Leave me a comment or send me an email now!

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Very neat card! Great choice to use the emboss resist with this set!

Lydia Fiedler said...

oh my gosh!!!!!! this is absolutely stunning!!! (AS IS YOUR HAIR) Thanks for sharing!!