Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Christmas Layout Inspiration

One thing I love about living in the Eastern time zone is that mornings start late. It doesn't even begin to get light these days until 7:30! We ease into the day here, and I like it.

I'm also writing this early this morning because I have the day off and I really need to do some major housecleaning. Bathroom, hardwood floors, vacuuming, wiping dog snout marks off the front door's glass...fun stuff. You're welcome to come join me! I can get majorly sidetracked by sitting down at the computer, so I'm forcing myself to post, get Michael and Bob out the door, and then put my nose to the grindstone and WORK!

I wanted to post this last night after I finished it, but Bob was doing some computer stuff and he took the network down for awhile. Then I was too tired to post when he had it back up, so you get it with your Cheerios this morning.

This card was inspired by Cambria Turnbow, who put a twist on a card layout she saw on someone's blog and at an SU! regional convention. Here's the link to her blog where she shares the details of the dimensions, and where you can see the card that inspired mine.

When I saw that circle on the front, I thought that it would make a great Christmas layout. I just took the dimension of 3" for the width and reduced mine to 6" instead of 8" and scored it in the middle. I don't have a Coluzzle circle cutting system, although SU! does, so I traced around the lid from a Pringles can! There's a small hinge underneath the ornament topper, which is cut from copper metallic paper.

Here's how the card looks when it's open! Isn't it cool how the ornament can hold a Christmas wish? It may be a little hard to see, but Merry Christmas is in amongst the snowflakes on the bottom fold. If I'd had the Peaceful Wishes set from SU!, which has a pine bough, I would've tried to make this look like it was hanging from a tree, and if a friend who has it loans it to me, you may see another version of this card. Wouldn't it be cute to put a family or child's picture on the inside of the ornament as well? Perhaps on the outside, with the designer paper serving as a background? Lots of potential here, I think!

Here are the details, and then I'm off to do the stuff I said I'd do. River Rock card stock base, Old Olive ink, Dashing designer paper, Many Merry Messages, Snowflake Spot. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Memories of Time said...

Very cool!! I love how you did a Christmas theme!! YOU GO GIRL!!! :)