Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Don't Faint!


Two posts in two days! This afternoon when I came home from 5 1/2 hours at 'bucks, I wandered into my craft room to keep from eating something in the kitchen. The image on this card has been being transferred from surface to surface for weeks, but today it was put to use!

Why I didn't buy this stamp set when it came out, I'll never know, but it's retired now, so the images I have come courtesy of fellow demonstrator Diliana Worster. The crop-a-dile came to me last week, courtesy of my best friend Darcie, for my birthday. (Wasn't this sweet of her?) She's coming this weekend to visit (cover your ears while I shout YIPPEE!!), and I thought this card would both welcome her and show her what I can do with such a fabulous tool. The dots and holes that border the card are made with the CAD and backed with a little Certainly Celery ribbon to create some dimension and added color.

This card also demonstrates what I've learned about shading around an image. These dress forms were floating in mid-air before I colored around them with my Bashful Blue marker. Now they are very grounded and seem to be showcased more somehow. Love it!

Girlfriends, if you don't own the crop-a-dile, I strongly suggest you consider it. It punches holes in two sizes, sets eyelets, and dry embosses cute circles. I love a tool that has multiple uses!

Tomorrow is another day off, but I most certainly CANNOT play! I need to wash sheets, clean a bathroom, get the meal menus figured out, and do some freelance writing I've been neglecting. Hopefully there will be some time in there for a bit more stamping. Check back again to find out for sure!

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

LOVE your card! I love the way you used the Crop-a-dile. . .very cool!

Nicole said...

Love how you alternated the CAP holes and embossing spots. And I love the layering around the main image.
Nicole
stampinlibrarygirl.blogspot.com