Friday, July 27, 2007

Finding Inspiration


Since I started cardmaking in earnest, I began to see color combinations everywhere. One that particularly inspired me was this ad from a Bed Bath and Beyond flyer. I loved not only the color combination, but the circles and stripes theme as well. So, I set about to create a card that would follow these themes.


What do you think? I was very pleased with it! The color combo is SU!'s Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, with Very Vanilla. The dots and circles were created with the Level 1 Hostess set called Riveting, and some that I punched with my circle punches and popped up on dimensionals. The focal image is also from a retired set (it might be a little hard to tell, but it's a birthday cake with a candle), stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed with Copper Embossing Powder. Love how that created shimmer! There were stripes on the inside along the left flap, and a sentiment from It's Your Birthday (SU! retired).

I challenge you to look around you, because cool color combos are everywhere! I'd love to see any cards you come up with that follow this exercise. Give me a link in the comments! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: