Friday, July 13, 2007

Cute, cute, cute!


This post is for all those out there who are engrossed in a good book right now! (I have 2 that I may have to blog about in a future post, as they were great vacation reads while I was away a few weeks ago. But that's another subject...)

Fellow blogger Amy over at http://gone-inkognito.blogspot.com posted a wonderful tutorial today for making this unique bookmark that holds your place by slipping over a page corner. This is what I came up with when I played around with her design.

The images are from a winter mini catalog set called Love Matters. I had a few scraps of the new In Colors Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava and had been inspired by a few other posts today that combined these colors. (Check out Taylor VanBruggen's http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com and Jenn Balcer's http://jbalcer.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com work.) The sentiment says "the best is yet to be", which I think any reader would love to believe as she's reading a favorite book. I accomplished this by simply masking the words I didn't want inked and then removing the tape (crucial detail!) before stamping the words where I wanted them.

This will be part of an upcoming class somewhere down the road, but you can head over to Amy's blog if you want to give this a try on your own. It's easy, as long as you make yourself slow down enough to do the math and follow the directions. Happy weekend!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a great sentiment for a bookmark! Very cute.

Love the patterned paper in the background, too! I really hadn't given that particular print much thought until now... Thanks!

Jennifer Aviles said...

this is a sweet project!