Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Breaking my Blog Fast...Sort of

Welcome to 2009! Are you ready to embrace the new year? I'm on the fence. Part of me wants to have the vacation that I didn't get while I was off for a week, traveling to IN and IL to celebrate the holidays with our families. The other part of me wants to get all organized and back to the routines. The first part of me is winning right now. But since I'm not going to get a vacation, I'm going to make my peace with this fact by Sunday night and get on with life. I'll start putting more energy in my meal planning/making, get to the gym, and all that stuff that we do when we start every new year.

Another thing: I'm feeling VERY uncreative! I mean VERY, friends!! Stampin' Up!'s new catalog coming out in a few weeks, and I'm sure glad, because I need some inspiration to get back to card making. I've seen a sneak peek, and a few things are cool. I'm toying with doing a special class featuring a bundle of Valentine's Day products--a stamp set, coordinating designer paper, and a cool 3-heart punch--and participants would purchase the bundle and I'd design the cards. But, like I said, I'm feeling VERY uninspired, and that leads me to feeling indecisive.

I've been feeling this way for at least a few weeks...and I really don't know how to get out of my desire to just sit around, read, and eat bon bons all day! Can you help me?

Please don't give up on me, though. I will return to posting soon. Any suggestions to jumpstart this process of getting back into the swing of things would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn~I'm right with ya! Especially with the gym! I've taken off since the week of Christmas! And I've been in my house, not left my house since Christmas Eve church...
I don't even WANT to go...almost 10 days and I still want nothing more than to keep snuggling in!
But here's what I've done...I have plans for next week...for one, I'm getting back in the gym :)
I'll start on Monday even though I probably won't want to...then, well I'll just fake it till I make it!!! And I'm pretty sure by next Friday I'll be more in the swing of things...
to quote Nike...
just do it!
I'm praying for you though!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I was wondering about the blogfast!!

When I'm in a slump, I go straight for education - pick up a few magazines, buy a book on a totally different craft and make something brand new!

Happy New Year!