Monday, January 19, 2009

As Promised...Love You Much Cards

I'm supposed to be doing laundry, vacuuming, and figuring out what's for dinner right now, but I've started a load of towels, swept the dining room, craft room, and son's bedroom, so I'm due for a bitty break! Besides--I can rationalize--it's not fair to leave you longing to see the cards I promised yesterday, is it? No siree!

Remember the blurry image I posted last night? It belongs to the 3-Heart punch that I used to make this card. This punch is fantastic because it coordinates with a 3-Heart stamp that is part of the Love You Much set! Just stamp and punch--no painstaking cutting. Love that! You may be astute and politely remark, "Jenn, there are only 2 sizes of hearts used on this card." You are right. The littlest one was too small for the design, so I didn't use it.

This card is one of two that I'm teaching customers to make this Sunday, Jan. 25, from 2:30-3:30pm at my Starbucks. This one is for those who are kids or the crafting challenged. There is no stamping on it, but just strategic positioning of squares, circles, and hearts. Since these are not cards that those making will be giving, I want them to be something that someone would be proud to give. These events always draw kids--why adults don't give themselves permission to create is beyond me--so this is the one they'll be making.

Why am I hosting another card making activity at my Starbucks? It's part of my store's campaign to support the work of the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House. As a store, we're collecting donations for cupcakes to give to the families that stay at this marvelous place, and as a demonstrator, I'm donating my time and talents to help produce some cards that these families can exchange with each other or mail off in time for the holiday.

My theory in suggesting this locale and these people as recipients of the cards is this: when tending to the needs of a hospitalized child, there is seldom time or thought given to anything else. I'm hoping these cards will help them express their love to someone special to them. And I love that it won't cost them a dime!

The second card is a CASE of one by Megan Dunn. I wanted something simple, with minimal stamping, and yet some visual interest with patterns and texture. The ribbon is Close to Cocoa, and the brad is vintage pewter. The DP is called Candy Lane, and features the color scheme Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette, and CtC. I want to come up with one more that's more masculine, but I'm not sure about that yet. We'll see what happens.

Would you like to participate in Sunday's event? You're MORE than welcome, so come on! Again, it's at my Starbucks, off 400 at exit 13 heading west at the intersection of Hwy. 9 and Bethelview Rd. The time frame is Sunday, Jan. 25, from 2:30-3:30pm, but if you have time another day this week or next, I'd love to arrange to sit down with you at your table or mine and make some of these so that there's a good supply of them for all interested. Just leave me a comment or send me an email--jenn@nahrstadt.com--and we'll set a time.

Back to the household tasks. Anyone got a good suggestion for a quick dinner with chicken?

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

BOTH of these cards are FANTASTIC, Jenn! You're going to draw some huge cards with these awesome designs!