Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Declaring My Love...

for COFFEE!! After almost 18 months at Starbucks, I still don't prefer the stuff straight, but espresso with soy milk and some toffee nut syrup steamed into a foamy cappuccino, and I'm THERE, baby! It's damp and rainy outside today too, so that has me in the mood for somethin' warm and yummy.

This new-to-me tastebud experience is what I was thinking about as I played with a stamp set, Hand Drawn, that I acquired during the demonstrators' catalog sneak peek. It's now available from the new catalog, but only to hostesses or those who place a $500 net sales order. What I like is that it combines a stamp set, rub-ons, and Candy Lane DSP so that you can experience SU!'s brilliance in creating coordinating products!

I stamped the coffee cup on Very Vanilla--a scrap I had laying around leftover from the Ronald McDonald House cards--with Baja Breeze ink. I'm really enjoying that color, for some reason. It's soothing. Then I colored the "coffee" with my Stampin' Write Creamy Caramel marker and the cup with a blender pen and some BB ink.

I also had hearts scattered about from the 3 Heart Punch, so I gathered one of each and this card is the quick result! The base is BB and it's 3.5" x 4". A strange size, yes, but I was using up a scrap, so it was just right! The strip of Riding Hood Red is complemented by some twill ribbon and two little brads.

Would you be interested in earning this as a hostess benefit? It's as easy as contacting me to host a workshop. I come to you wherever it's most convenient for you...home, work conference room after hours, a local Starbucks, your subdivision's clubhouse. You name the spot and we'll stamp together! Consider gathering your friends and making a memory. Everyone will benefit. To contact me, just leave a comment or get my email address from my profile.

More to come from this set--stay tuned!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Really great card. Like always. I don't love Starbucks coffee. It is so strong. Am I wierd? Is it your favorite kind?

sandra said...

the card is nice and it can be applied to Hot chocolate, milk, tea....if you do not like coffee!!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I can't wait to play with this set. Your card is adorable.

I have no understanding of not loving coffee, but now I want a soy chai!! :)