Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ronald McDonald House-Starbucks Valentine's Day Card for Guys

This card came together after I finished the other two, but was not sure that the adult card was gender neutral enough to be given to a man. I started out with a vintage background stamp that I don't even know the name of, inked in Close to Cocoa, and a Very Vanilla base (5.5" scored at 4.25"). I paired it with some Candy Lane DP, a strip of Riding Hood Red that was punched with the 3-Heart Punch, and some CtC grosgrain ribbon.

Then I pulled out the hugs and kisses image, which is really a scalloped circle with this inset. I think scallops scream "girly!", so I just cut out the inner circle and colored the heart with my Stampin' Write CtC marker. I also colored the hearts in the background with that too, just to ground that more.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I might even offer it this weekend for my stampers at SAS.

This is a quickie post today. I've yet to watch the inauguration, since I was at work when it took place. I'm looking forward to viewing it after dinner!

No comments: