Monday, September 17, 2007

What I Wanted, I Think...

I'm not tired. Bob and Michael are both in bed, and I think I'm keyed up because this is the first night in over a week that I don't have something going on. I have been feeling the need to stamp just for the fun of it. So that's what I did, and you get a card to view for the first time in quite awhile. (Thanks for your understanding!)

The set I used for this card is called Wanted, and is part of the Boho West line from SU! this fall. I bought the coordinating designer paper, but it's so cool that I'm going to have to ponder just what kind of project would do it justice before cutting into it. For now, I'm content breaking in the stamp set. One of my customers was kind enough to mount it for me (thanks, Kelly and her roommate!), so here's what I came up with after an hour or more of coloring and putzing.

I have to say, this wasn't the easiest set for me to experiment with. I'm not sure why--perhaps it's because I'm a midwestern city girl who never really had a yearning for country life or a love for horses...but this and all that are growing on me. There's a small farm with horses on the property adjacent to my son's new school, and I like seeing that each day.
The color combination isn't one I would ever have come up with, but I really like it. (If someone could tell me how to develop an eye for color, I'd appreciate it!) It's Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla, and, the one that really sets it off, Sage Shadow. I like how many pieces there are in this set, compared to Bronc Buster, the other western themed set I was contemplating. I have this thing about varying sizes of shapes, circles in particular. That's what attracted me to this set. I could see a variety of shapes placed together, just like I like.

The other reason this set appealed to me is that the mascot at my son's school is the mustang, and the horse image will certainly spark abundant teacher gift ideas. Nancy, do you think you could sell me some of your myriad altoid tins? I'm thinkin' those would make cute business card holders. Can we make a deal?

I've been asked if I'm a converted coffee drinker, now that I've been at Starbucks for 2 weeks. I've tried, but nope, I'm still not lovin' the stuff. I've tried several drinks, but I'm not smitten. One drink I do really like may surprise you. The green tea creme frappuccino has matcha powder, which essentially is finely ground green tea leaves (high in antioxidants), the creme frappuccino base, and--surprise--melon syrup. I'm not sure why the melon syrup, but it's the thing that sets the drink apart. You can also get it as an iced latte, which is the other way I like it. Some of you have shared your favorite drinks with me! I'm enjoying learning about your tastes.

I don't have to work tomorrow (at Starbucks--there's laundry and grocery shopping, of course), so check back tomorrow afternoon. I hope there will be another card using this set for you to enjoy. Okay, now I'm tired enough to go to bed...good night!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This looks awesome! I love the little rope you added.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great card! I love it! Have a nice day off of work tomorrow! Happy stamping!