Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Is it Only Wednesday?

Wow! Going back to work really changes the flow of each day, and I'm not as young as I was when I started in food retail 6 years ago!! Here's a quick Starbucks update from today, and then I'll get on to posting something crafty that I did over the weekend. I spent today doing a LOT of reading. The store is short-staffed, and there just isn't enough coverage for the floor right now. So, I'm reading various sections in my CORE manual, and doing lots of station cleaning and greeting of customers until someone has time to really coach me on how to make drinks, etc. I did make the bases for the frappuccino drinks today--the creme one and the coffee frappuccino one.

OK, here's a fun project that I did this weekend and that I'd recommend you try. It all started because I had made this 40th birthday card for my blogger friend, Lydia, at Understand Blue, and I didn't have an envelope that it would fit in! I thought of a few options, and then I remembered this box I had sitting around.
Short sidebar: this box came from The Cookie Cottage in Ft. Wayne, IN. My parents asked me what I'd like them to bring, and this is what I suggested. You can order from them at The Cookie Cottage, and I highly recommend the chocolate mint cookies! ANYWAY, the card fit in the box perfectly, but it would be boring for Lydia to receive the box with JUST the card in it, and it wouldn't be nice to send an empty cookie box, so I altered it!

I took several pictures of the process that I figure you probably don't care to see, so I'll just show you what I did with the inside of the lid:That Headline Alphabet has been an excellent investment! The designer paper is a retired set that I once knew the name of, but now it escapes me. The point of this post is that you could do this with any box and any of the current paper, and make some fun packages for Christmas. It's coming sooner than you think!

Here's what it looked like before I popped it in the mail and sent it off to Lydia (complete with Dove Dark chocolates, some blue ribbon, and a stamp). I labeled the outside "supplies" so that no one would be excited to peek inside, and she could keep her chocolate stash hidden in plain sight in her craft room! I used to label the ice cream containers from Graham's with the word "spinach" in order to keep unsuspecting visitors to my freezer from getting their hands on my favorite flavor--wild cherry.

Well, I hope you enjoy these photos, as I don't have anything else stamped to show. I trust the weekend will find the UPS man at my house and new supplies to make that last sample for the Anything BUT A Card class. Gotta run!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how fun! She will LOVE it! To answer your question, Savannah's first day of preschool was wonderful! She LOVED it and had a great time! I posted a couple of pics on my blog. . .thanks for asking! Hope work is still going well for you!