Saturday, September 22, 2007

And one for a friend...with help from a friend

I've been waiting all week to share this, so today is a 2-post day! I have one more altered DVD tin to display. I made it as a surprise for a friend who has been having a challenging year. She loves toile, and this is the closest I could come to that. I hope she thinks it's tre chic!
Julie has a TON of things to keep track of, and I thought she might be cheered by having something nice to use while she does that. The sentiment on the front reads, "To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts," is one that I hope encourages her, because I believe it is what she strives to do each day.

I also included a card using images that were so nicely given to me by my fellow blogging friend and soon-to-be Canadian, Amy. THANKS SO MUCH!!
This card was perfect for Julie because we met while I was working at the chocolate store I've mentioned. Julie would always buy chocolate covered strawberries when we had them, so I thought of her immediately when I saw this image on Amy's blog.
I really liked the cupcakes, and added some glitter to make them shimmer. The sentiment for the card reads: "Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence?" NOT! LOL. The design was kept simple to keep the focus on the image.

Take some time today and do something special for someone. If you can be anonymous, all the better! It'll bless you equally as much as it does that person.

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a sweet gift, Jenn! I'll bet you made her day!

Wanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.