Saturday, September 8, 2007

Finally! A Card to Post!

The picture quality isn't the best, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless! This is a holiday card I started a few weeks ago when I was playing around with the new Christmas designer paper called Dashing. The dots across the flap are from it, and I paired it with Real Red and River Rock. The ribbon gracing the top is 1/4" grosgrain in Mellow Moss, and I used the double slot punch to create the holes. The little details on the edges of the designer paper are there to cover the staples that hold the pocket in place. The snowflake pattern is at the bottom of the sentiment block, so I just inked those directly and cut them out of scraps.
Here's what the card looks like when you remove it from the pocket. River Rock ink is very subtle, so it's hard to photograph. You may not be able to see them, but there are snowflakes floating down the base of the card, and the sentiment is from the Block Party set of three. I wish I had the Stampin' Write Markers in the Bold Brights family, as I think adding a splash of Real Red on the sentiment section would've been helpful.

My dear husband feels my posts are often too long, so I'll say no more today! Have a great weekend...I'll post pictures from the Christmas Card Expo early next week.

No comments: