Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweet Scoops Sketch Challenge

I saw this sketch being used by various stampers whose work I like--Nancy Riley, Vicki Burdick, and Laura Fredrickson. It's the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 68 by Karen Giron, and I thought I'd see if I could use it with the Sweet Scoops stamp set that's new to the Summer Mini. There's inspiration abundant on the internet, and crafters are among the most generous people I know.

I started with a base of Pretty in Pink and layered Rose Red on it. Then I pulled out the Thoroughly Modern File Folders again and cut pieces from my scraps to create the layout. Love those and will miss them when they're gone!

I have a friend who doesn't like ice cream. I'm not sure how we're friends with this ginormous obstacle in our path, but we manage to get along somehow. The only ice cream she'll eat is called Blue Moon, made by Sherman's, an amazing ice cream maker in southwest Michigan. I know she'll smile when she opens this card, because she'll know which ice cream I'm evoking by my image. And it IS that blue, folks. I can't describe what it tastes like, but it's a little bit like cotton candy. I'm partial to Chocomania, but I'll have to just dream about it, since I'm 80 bazillion miles away from the source.

One detail stamp that's a great addition to this set is a small stamp that allows you to create the rippled effect that comes from the scoop. It makes it more realistic, even though it's BLUE!

Thanks for the sketch, Karen, and thanks for the beautiful samples, Nancy, Vicki, and Laura! Bring on summer!

1 comment:

Nancy Riley said...

Jenn, your card is adorable! Thanks for the mention!