Monday, May 24, 2010

Father's Day 4x4 Photo Card for YouTube

Here are the links to the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNIDnJNqtiE



Happy Monday, all! My friend Aldo and I are at it again, creating a Father's Day card that can be made with minimal materials. You'll have to wait to see the step-by-step instructions on YouTube, but here are some pictures of what I came up with. My son was mortified that I would use this picture for my project, but it was the best one I had, so he'll have to deal with it. After all, he's the one who made the face! Don't tell him that I think he looks a little bit like one of the Three Stooges!

This card was inspired by one I saw last Father's Day on Kristina Werner's blog. I chose the easel layout instead because I think it's a great way to display pics of dad's kids at the office, on his dresser at home, or in the car, mounted to the dashboard!

I made two versions of this card and the second one featured items anyone might have around the house, specifically a magazine and a Sharpie marker. The picture I'm posting features a chipboard frame made shiny using Silver Embossing Powder, but while we were taping, the idea of using a metallic silver Sharpie marker occurred to me, so we redid that section. Again, you'll see it all on the video!

There's almost a month until Father's Day, so do a little planning. Snap some pics or flip through an old photo album, and do some crafting. I'm certain your dad will love it!

No comments: