Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introducing Watercolor Trio

The Summer Mini Catalog selling period started Saturday, and here's the first card I made using one of the sets from it, Watercolor Trio. This is a fantastic beginner set, as it has images and sentiments. It's also available in wood mount or clear acrylic cling mount. I chose acrylic cling mount because I can see where I'm going to place the images and sentiments--love that!

I created this card for the women I stamped with over the weekend (hi again, gals!), and it was a big hit! I used Kraft as my base, layered with Very Vanilla, and the images were stamped in Rose Red, More Mustard, and Elegant Eggplant. The sentiment was stamped in Old Olive. All that alliteration had the gals cracking up, but they loved the combination!

I love how fast this comes together, and yet how fancy it seems because of the easel fold. Check my archive (4x4 easel card) for the link to complete directions. It's so much easier than it looks!

The women stamped this as a Mother's Day card, but I already had all of those I needed, so I created a blank version but kept the butterfly from the set as my "peg" to hold the easel in place.

It's so energizing for me to share card making with others. Thanks to Bekah for bringing the group together. If you'd like me to share my love of stamping with YOUR group of friends, leave me a comment and we'll get the ball rolling!

No comments: