Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Scream, You Scream...

we all scream for ICE CREAM! Summer is just around the corner, and nothing screams summer more than ice cream. Stampin' Up!'s newly released Summer Mini Catalog features a set called Sweet Scoops that captures all the fun and whimsy associated with the summertime treat.

My favorite way to eat soft serve ice cream is to have it dipped in chocolate! Makes me want to drive over to my local DQ right now. That's what inspired this card. I stamped the twist in Versamark on Close to Cocoa card stock and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder to mimic the shine that that chocolate coating gives the cone. The sugar cone, my favorite choice of delivery mechanism for ice cream, is stamped in Versamark on Creamy Caramel card stock. Looks pretty real, doesn't it?

The layout for this card was inspired by this card, that I saw on Karin and Julie's blog, Two Friends Stamping. I turned it and modified it a bit to better suit my images, and to keep one of the cones a surprise until the card is opened by untying the Close to Cocoa ribbon. The base is Pretty in Pink, with some long-ago retired Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, and Close to Cocoa card stock also used.

This card will go to my friend and former boss who is busy scooping ice cream at Graham's Fine Chocolates & Ice Cream in Wheaton, IL. I spent six summers building my forearm muscles (we didn't make soft serve) scooping the world's best ice cream. If you get a chance to stop by, be sure to order Wild Cherry on a sugar cone for me!

No comments: