Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whether Stationary or Stationery...It's Just for Me!

I have to confess that the word in question tonight always give me pause. Is it "-ary" or "-ery"? I had to look it up to be sure. It's settled; it's "-ery" that correctly spells the word that describes this picture.

This card was made using a new set from Papertrey Ink (PTI) called Simply Stationery. It is so elegant and has so many elements. Check out the link and see what I mean. Tonight, I experimented with two sizes of ornamental circles designed to hold monograms. The alphabet is also from PTI and is called Fresh. Isn't that a perfect word for it? I know you're only seeing one letter, but, trust me, it's a beautiful, simple uppercase set of letters.

I chose Bravo Burgundy and So Saffron as my color palette because I really think they contrast each other so nicely. These acrylic stamps accept ink very nicely right out of the package. I am thrilled with the crisp images and the coordinating elements.

The pattern was created using two singular stamps that I positioned together on a clear acrylic block. This helped me stamp right where I wanted to, because I could see where the previously stamped images were on the card stock.

I photographed both sides of the envelope, since I used images for each that were coordinating, yet different. The smaller circle for the "seal" is 1.25". The element on the front is 1" in height and I alternated my two chosen colors to decorate the front.

Tomorrow I'll show you some very cool packaging for creating gifts of stationery!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really cool! I love it!