Saturday, February 14, 2009

One Last Valentine

My man is fabulous! Even after nearly 20 years of being together, I still enjoy our life together and never regret for a day choosing to marry him. We don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day (I don't care about flowers, and I'm not a gifts person), but I didn't want the day to pass without a handmade card.

The card is 4.25" square and the base is Riding Hood Red. The mat is Pink Pirouette (he's manly enough--even used to own a pink oxford) and Candy Lane DSP was used for the overlay. I stamped two hearts from Love You Much on scrap paper, cut them out, traced them, and then cut them out of the DSP to create this look. The sentiment is from Love Matters and the hearts are from LYM.

I like the insides of my cards to be blank so that I can write what I want to share, but I did choose to decorate it a little, since that's the in vogue thing these days. I punched the hearts from the leftover DSP.

I hope you know you're loved today, even if you don't get a valentine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew you would have a pretty card and I came over to say hi.

sandra said...

James came home with a red heart balloon...

Lydia Fiedler said...

ADORABLE!! I love this and the punched hearts on the inside- BRILLIANT.

I'm gonna steal that. I love that punch.