Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bold Look Inspired by a Gloomy Day

It's rainy and cloudy here (I wrote this on Saturday, but I'm not posting it until Monday). I don't really mind this at all, but when I was thinking about a card color combo, Bold Brights caught my eye. I was influenced also by this card by Karen Giron on SCS. Isn't it cheery?

Seeing as I didn't have any Jersey Shore DSP and I am tired of working with DSP, I pulled out Party Hearty, the stamp set in question, and decided to create my own DSP using the stamps in the set and Versamark. I liked Karen's varied sizes of DSP strips, so I went through my stash of scraps in Tempting Turquoise, Yo-Yo Yellow, Only Orange, and Green Galore to see what I could find. Only had to cut into Only Orange to get a strip to play with. The base is Brilliant Blue.

I'm so tickled that I ended up using every stamp in the set on this card (well, if you count the envelope where I stamped the party hats that I didn't photograph)! I also like how the cupcake turned out. The "frosting" was created using Versamark, Heat and Stick Powder, and Dazzling Diamonds. It's also popped up on dimensionals, and the circle is popped up too. I cut the circle using my Coluzzle Cutting system, but I'm going to be purchasing the new Circle Scissors Plus so that I don't have that annoying task of trying to snip the circle free after you cut around the track in the Coluzzle. Be on the lookout for projects featuring this new tool in the weeks ahead.

In this closeup of the interior design, you can see that I just colored directly on the rubber using the same colors as the strips in the same order across the words "you take the cake!" and colored the dots along the bottom to match the base color of the card. The circle sentiment was placed with help of the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.

1 comment:

sandra said...

it is definitely a different type of color scheme for you, but it works wonderfully