Monday, February 2, 2009

Cupcake Love

This is a simple sign my boss Kimmy asked me to create. I am so thrilled that the heart and the cupcake from the Hand Drawn Hostess Level 3 set match the theme of the coordinated effort I had with my Starbucks to bring a little love, via cupcakes and valentines, to the families at the Ronald McDonald House in Atlanta off the Glenridge Connector.

Our goal was to partner with our customers to donate 300 cupcakes to this facility that serves families whose children are in Scottish Rite Children's Hospital. How we underestimated the generosity of our patrons! To date, they have donated over 800 cupcakes!!! That's WAY more than just the one Ronald McDonald House can handle, so we expanded the reach of our love to include the other Atlanta Ronald McDonald House that serves families with children at Emory Hospital.

Even those two organizations can't handle that many cupcakes, so the Forsyth County senior center and two nursing homes in Cumming will also be receiving some cupcakes. Spread the love, I say! The more the merrier! I'll be chauffuerring the cupcakes tomorrow, since I have the biggest vehicle among the partners at my store, and because there was NO WAY I was not going to see firsthand where these love bundles will end up.

Although it's almost not necessary to explain this, I'll just share that I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position and plot out the border, and I inked the heart in Riding Hood Red and the cupcake in Close to Cocoa. The punched hearts are from the Candy Lane DP.

I hope to get some pics to share tomorrow. It's going to be a fun fun day!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Wow! What generosity. Great staff breed great customers!
The sign is super sute.