Wow! It has been 4 days since I posted last?!? How did that happen? Well, I had Stamp-A-Stack on Saturday, church on Sunday, and I have worked like a crazy woman yesterday and today at Starbucks! Sorry for the silence. I am off tomorrow, so I plan on posting some things.
In the meantime, Lydia tagged me and here's what I have to do:
I have to share 7 random facts about myself and tag 7 people. Okay, I don't know if I know 7 people to tag, but I'll share 7 random facts bout myself.
1) I'm the oldest daughter of 2 oldest children. That sort of makes me warped, but all the perfectionistic, anal things we did growing up seemed normal to me. I perpetuated the cycle by marrying a firstborn and having only one child. Three firstborns in one household can make for some hilarious control-freak situations!
2) I'm from Indiana and I'm proud of it. When people ask me where I'm from, I assume they want to know where I grew up, not just where I've spent the adult years of my life. I grew up in Fort Wayne, and only lived in 2 houses from the time I could remember until the time I left home. My parents have moved 2 times since I left home, and I haven't had to help pack or unpack boxes either time.
3) I have a degree in journalism from Taylor University, a small Christian liberal arts college in Upland, Indiana. My first job out of college was as the lifestyle editor of a small weekly newspaper called the Glen Ellyn News. I love to hear people's stories and ask them questions!
4) I have one sister who is 2.5 years younger than I am. She is the perfectionist I never was, the valedictorian of her high school class, a fabulous pianist and organist, and one of my best friends. What stumps me is that she doesn't really like making cards!
5) I believe in God and know that He created me to have a personal relationship with Him. I believe in the power of prayer, Heaven, Hell, and forgiveness. Knowing God brings much peace to life for me.
6) I met my husband on the steps of a church, and he was the third "blind date" I had in the course of 3 months after I moved to Wheaton, Illinois. We dated 3 months before we got engaged--freaked my parents out--and were married 8 months after that. That was 18 years ago. I am very blessed.
7) I don't really like steak. If I do eat it, I like A-1 sauce on it, which makes my husband crazy.
Let's see, who can I tag? I tag YOU, my readers, especially you lurkers out there who never comment. Share something!