Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Monochromatic Marvelousness

You'd think that working within just one color family would be boring. Shade gradations shouldn't excite, right? Well, this card, made using So Saffron and More Mustard, really jazzes me!

Haiku Designer Series Paper was the basis for this card, and I was also inspired several weeks ago when I was putting together my first order from the catalog and saw a monochromatic card among the samples. The base is SS, and the 5/8" SS twill ribbon is a perfect match!

I had to fuss with the ribbon a bit to get it to do what I wanted it to in terms of how it lays, but it ties so nicely. I started out thinking I wanted a notch in the right side of DSP, but I ended up putting one on both ends of it, which helped the ribbon somehow. I used my Coluzzle Circle Cutting System and scooped out just half of the smallest circle to achieve this look.

The Scallop Square Punch is 1 3/8", which is pretty petite, so in order to give the stamp which coordinates with it from the Say It With Scallops set some umph, I mounted it on a MM square of the same size. It was a complete accident that it mimics the diamond pattern in the paper--I'm not that amazing when it comes to designing! I love it though!

The size is 4" x 8.5", which provides just enough room to express your thanks to someone without having to either write BIG or go on a bit too much in order to fill the space. I have quite a good stash of thank-yous now, so I hope to have need to give thanks soon.

4 comments:

sandra said...

very pretty!! I like the different shades of the same hue...

Lydia Fiedler said...

wow - its so striking!!! Great. Totally stealing it.

Nicole said...

Loving this!!!
and thank you soooo much for the beautiful birthday card and message, I just love it! :D

Chrisd said...

Ahh, so very nice. I like a card with the same color family.