Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time Well Spent? You Be the Judge.

I was flipping through an unsolicited catalog that came in our mail the other day and saw this picture of storage boxes. Aren't they cool? Instead of thinking about purchasing them, though, I thought to myself, "Could I create a similar look for a card?"

I thought about how I might do this and decided the only way to accomplish it would be to stamp on Whisper White and do a LOT of coloring with SU! Stampin' Write Markers. I took my Time Well Spent set, since it was the one with multiple flowers that mimicked the style in the picture. I stamped them all with Versamark and heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder. Then I set about the task of coloring the 3.25" x 3.5" piece. It took me over an hour of meticulous coloring, switching between my fine tip and the brush tip, to complete this small square!

Then I had to figure out what kind of layout to incorporate this into. I'm not sure I'm really pleased with the final outcome, but I think it has more to do with the bow than the rest of the layout. Don't think I'll try this again, but it was a good challenge to see if I could make something "come to life" using my supplies, my skills, and my creativity.

For the record, I used Pink Passion and Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, and Taken with Teal, besides the obvious Chocolate Chip.

4 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

I think you did a fabulous job - I did one (without the embossing, I'm lazy!) almost in the same colors - check it out here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/836235

I *love* the look, but doubt I'd ever do another, LOL!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Whoa I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandra said...

very nice results, but with all that work definitely must be sent to someone very very special who can appreciate the work

Marla said...

You did a really good job! Amazing talent!