Saturday, September 20, 2008

Great Cards, Great Friends



Tomorrow is my 42nd birthday. Here are several cards that I received from friends! The first is from Connie, who lives in Wheaton, IL. We've known each other for about 14 years, and I was WAY into stamping before she discovered it! Now her collection surpasses mine. When we lived in the same town, Connie would freely share her sets so that we both didn't have to own the same ones. I miss that!

Her card features the new Party Hearty set, and her favorite color family, Bold Brights. I love how the background panels utilize the different elements--party hats, a large "b", a present, and a candle--from the set! Those cupcakes are so festive too, and are coordinated in such a cool way. The word window punch made quick work of the sentiment, I'm sure!

Connie makes cards for her church to use to send to shut-ins and those who are convalescing after illness or surgery. She has also made cards for a local crisis pregnancy center for several years. This shared hobby has kept us close across the miles. Thanks for your friendship, dearheart!

The second card is from fellow former Illinoian and SU! demonstrator Nadine Amy. Nadine moved to GA not long after I did--or was it before?--and she has used SU! as I have, to meet new friends and share what she loves with them! I really like the unique use of a classic, but retired set, Wonderful Words, as the stem for the flower from Embrace Life. I'm not exactly sure which Designer Series Paper this is, but it coordinates beautifully with the simple, elegant design of the card. I so love it! Thanks for remembering...we really do need to get together SOON!

The third card is from my convention roomie, Neelam Kulkarni. It uses Pocket Silhouettes, one of the first sets we both knew we HAD to have when we saw it in the catalog! The design is classic Neelam: clean, simple lines, and elegant always. The colors used are Baja Breeze and Sahara Sand, some really pretty but unknown to me DSP, cream satin ribbon, and our new collection of buttons. It's so beautiful in real life. Isn't amazing how God brings new people into your life to enrich it? It's hard for me to believe that I didn't know her this time last year. Thanks, girlfriend, for the lovely card.

My boys really went all out this year to make me feel special. Tomorrow I'll share what they did...complete with photos.

No comments: