Saturday, September 20, 2008

Good Things Come in Small Packages

As you know, I get great ideas and inspiration while reading blogs of other stampers. Michelle Wooderson, aka MishMash, posted about a mini card holder. She'd found it on Becky Robert's blog, Inking Idaho. I thought these would be a really cute gift for someone who did something special, so I set about to making it.


Oh my! I LOVE the result! The cards are 2 5/8" x 8", scored at 4". I haven't measured the holder, but you will see when you follow the tutorial that it's made from a sheet of 7" x 8.75" card stock, so the final product is little and sweet! I used retired Afternoon Tea--wish I'd bought more of it!--and let myself play.

The cards feature the 4 stamps from Say It With Scallops, since I thought the size of the squares was perfect, as were the sentiments, for a series of all-occasion cards. The only challenge this project presented was that I didn't have envelopes that matched the size of the finished cards. I decided to try to make my own, and one I'd seen Mary Jo Albright make a LONG TIME AGO came back to my mind as I started to work on it. Amazing! I'm thrilled to be able to present my friend with this complete set to express my appreciation.

Thank you, Becky, and thanks, Michelle, for sharing your talents so freely! Stay tuned...there's another post to come tonight.

2 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

This is darling! Thank you for linking the directions back to my blog!
Becky

sandra said...

this will be a great Xmas present!!