Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Seasons May Change, But Friendship Remains

This morning it was crisp as I walked to the car to take Michael to school. I LOVE FALL! The cooler air is one of the sure signs of changing times, but the debut of the new Holiday Mini Catalog is another! This card was made using a very versatile set from the catalog called Season of Friendship.

As you can tell, there are stamps that are elements of the seasons--snowflakes, flowers, leaves, and a little bird--as well as a full size tree. The sentiment is the best: "The season of friendship lasts forever." I feel that way.

I wanted to capture all the seasons in this layout, but I'm already looking forward to making other cards that only feature one at a time. The squares are 1 5/8" and that's the perfect size to create small focal points. I used almost every one of my Earth Elements Stampin' Write Markers for this, and silver embossing powder for the snowflakes. Each square is mounted on Baja Breeze and then onto the Garden Green base.

I struggled a bit with this layout, and I think I might try it as a larger card with all the boxes on one side of the card. How fun to have more options to experiment with!

Leave me a comment requesting the new catalog and I'll put one in the mail to you today!

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS SOOOO CREATIVE!

I LOVE IT AND WILL PROMPTLY STEAL!!

sandra said...

this is very cute!!!