Sunday, December 16, 2007

Feeling, I'm losing my feeling

...in my pinky finger on my right hand, that is. I'm not sure what is causing it, but it's getting in the way of my crafting, which is making me a bit testy. I think it has something to do with the repetitive nature of my job, specifically repeated gripping of pitchers and jugs of milk and full brewers of coffee. I've been working quite a few hours, and yseterday I pulled an 8-hour shift. I'm looking forward to 8 days away from Starbucks so that this irritation has some time to ease.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd welcome them. I had some tendonitis in my left elbow this summer that didn't cause any numbness, but when I put the brace for that condition on my opposite arm, it helped immediately. I wore it most of the afternoon today, but it didn't help today. I have some medicine I'm going to go take, but I think I'll try icing it too.

If you don't hear from me for a few days or see any posts, now you'll know why!

3 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oh no!!! Numbness is not good!! I would also do some stretching. I have carpal tunnel, so I'm familiar. AARGH on the crafting! That is totally not okay!! But your Christmas craft production is A+++++++++++++ so you've earned a break, girlfriend!!

Nicole said...

I was going to suggest ice as well. I bought a fingerless glove/brace and wore it when my wrist was giving me grief. Ice, the brace, and some time off did the trick. Hope you're feeling better real soon!

CreativeMish said...

I'm not sure if it works on everyone, but my mom took B50 complex for her carpel tunnel. B vitamins are good for the nerves. It took about 3 months but her numbness totally went away and has not returned. It was 3 years ago.