Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oodles to Share--Day 1: Aviary Background


Today's card is my take on a card I saw on another stamp company's blog. The creator had used a birdcage to make a background paper. As soon as I saw it, I thought to myself, "I can do that!" I pulled out Aviary and positioned three of the cages together on one acrylic block. I used Crumb Cake classic ink and Very Vanilla card stock and had a sheet of patterned paper in a matter of a minute!

Then I inked up the smallest of the three I'd used and stamped it in Soft Suede classic ink. I stamped the owl--so cute!--in Cherry Cobbler classic ink and cut out the image and popped it up on dimensionals. Actually before I mounted it, I took the tiny phrase "thinking of you" from Silhouette Sentiments (Level 1 Hostess) and stamped it in CC ink in a small space left after I'd created the background.

I mounted the entire piece on a mat of CC cardstock and then mounted that on a base of Crumb Cake. Then I began to ponder what else I could do with it, because it seemed just a little bare. I eyed my retired Mark the Date set with its months stamps and I knew what I would do. Using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, I stamped each month on the sides. Now whoever receives this will know that I'm thinking of them every month of the year! Check in tomorrow to see the other card I made using this background paper.

No comments: