Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oodles to Share--Day 3: Fine Flourish for SAB


I saw this color combination of Rich Razzleberry, Peach Parfait, and Cajun Craze on another SU! demonstrator's blog and wanted to create my own card using this unique color combination.

I started with the RR base because I wanted that to be the dominant color. Now I wish I'd used PP instead. It's a little dark for spring. I chose the Fine Flourish small background stamp, which is one of the stamps you can select as your FREE item if you purchase $50 in merchandise between now and the 31st. I stamped it in RR classic ink on Very Vanilla card stock and accented it with the PP marker from the InColor set.

Then I decided to do some direct to rubber coloring on my Elegant Thank You, another choice from the list of FREE stamps available during Sale-A-Bration. After I stamped it, I matted it on PP and inked the edges of both layers with RR.

I matted everything on a piece of Cajun Craze that I'd stamped with the Linen background (retired). After I placed that on the card, it felt like something was missing. I pulled out the Medallion stamp and stamped it in the middle of the card base. While it's mostly covered, I like how it peeks out and adds just the visual balance the card needed.

Do you need some new stamping supplies? If so, this month is the time to purchase what you need. Purchase anything--card stock, ink, stamps, glue dots, etc. etc. etc.--totaling $50, and you'll be entitled to 1 FREE item from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. At the back of the brochure is the list of stamps from the Big Idea Book & Catalog that are also available for you to choose from. It's a sweet deal that only happens once a year, so don't miss out! Put your wish list together, then contact me, and I'll send you a brochure via email for you to peruse!

1 comment:

Paper Potter said...

You just made my day! I have loved this flourish stamp but found it to daunting to do all the coloring (well, not me but my clients in a class). I'm going to whip this out during Stamp Camp at the end of the month. Who can pass up a single stamp at the end of SAB? Thanks for sharing this Jenn. Now go out and enjoy the JSpring Day with a latte! ;)